Horizon Fitness Elliptical Machine Reviews
Horizon Fitness is a manufacturer and distributor of workout equipment, machines and accessories for in-home use. Horizon Fitness features three categories of machines: treadmills, elliptical trainers and exercise bikes, all designed for both comfort and value. Horizon Fitness is part of Taiwan based Johnson Health Tech (JHT), a leader in both commercial and in-home fitness equipment for over 30 years and the world’s third largest equipment manufacturer. Also part of JHT is Matrix, AFG and Vision Fitness.
Horizon Fitness is known for offering durable and innovative trainers for reasonable prices. Some of the characteristics and features that make Horizon Fitness a popular distributor of fitness equipment is their SixStar™ Certified Frame and ECB Magnetic Brakes resistance system, making for a surprisingly sturdy and smooth experience. While almost all consoles are MP3 compatible, some of the more expensive trainers also feature iPod and Passport system compatibility.
The latest line of elliptical trainers from Horizon is front drive designed, with the motor in the front, rather than back of the trainer. Horizon front-drive series elliptical trainers are compact and easy to use, with many of the top of the line trainers offering advanced entertainment features. The three main series are broken down as follows:
- QuickStart Series: Comfortable and affordable, this series is designed to provide a budget-friendly trainer that is also durable and easy to use. The EX-59 model, as part of this QuickStart Series, doesn’t boast a ton of features, but for $799.99, users get a standard 4.5″ yellow-green LCD display with 10 workout programs, along with an 18 inch stride and 10 levels of resistance to choose from.
- Evolve Series: This series features Horizon’s folding frame design, which is ideal for smaller spaces. The Evolve 3 and the Evolve 5 are the two models part of this series, which retail for right around $1,500. These trainers feature an electronically adjustable stride, and a blue backlit LCD display console with at least 30 programs built right in. Also available is ViaFit™ wireless connectivity and Passport™ media player.
- Elite Series: This is the top series of front drive elliptical trainers by Horizon, retailing for just under $2,000. This series, which features the Elite E7 and Elite E9 models, features an extra heavy flywheel and electronically adjustable stride for a smooth, natural feel. Depending on the model, the console features an extra wide blue LCD display (E7 model) or a touchscreen display (E9 model), that features up to 42 workout programs, ViaFit® wirelessly connectivity, and advanced hands-free heart rate monitoring (chest strap included).
- Frame:Built with a study and reliable SixStar™ Certified Frame, and even the new folding frame Evolve Series feature this certified frame design.
- Cost: Reasonable prices with quality construction make these trainers a great value.
- Options: Each trainer varies widely when it comes to workout program programs, resistance levels and console design so it’s easy to find what fits for you.
- Customizable Features: From 3-position adjustable pedals and to electronically adjustable resistance levels, every series offers at least one trainer with advanced customizable features.
- ViaFit®: This program makes setting goals and monitoring them easy and hassle free. Wireless connectivity allows the trainer to connect to your favorite device, and even send workout data to different apps.
- Front Drive Design:Front drive series design can be uncomfortable for some users, and offer less of a “natural” feel.
- Storage:Only one series of trainers offer a foldable design for easy storage.
- Console:Only one of the models (the Elite E9) offers a touch screen display; the rest of the models offer the basic backlit LCD screen which can be more difficult to read, and is less attractive and modern than the newer touch screen displays.
- Warranty: Warranties vary with most offering only one year on parts and labor and no lifetime warranty on frames.
Horizon Fitness offers a variety of trainers that range from very basic trainers like the EX-59, with no entertainment features or customizable options all the way to more elite trainers like the Elite E9 with advanced entertainment options and fully adjustable features, all in a range of reasonable price points. All of the trainers by Horizon Fitness are known for their durable frame, quiet incline and brakes system and easy, natural stride making these trainers really ideal for anyone looking for a reliable piece of workout equipment that is easy on the joints.