Precor Elliptical Machines
Keeping fit is no sweat, no pun intended, with a Precor elliptical trainer. This brand is an industry leader when it comes to manufacturing good quality exercise equipments. If you go to a lot of fitness centers and health clubs, you will notice that a lot of them actually use Precor primarily because of its high standard of quality, performance and a great show of innovation in all of their products. Their line of elliptical trainers is no exception to this fact.
The company was established in 1980 and has been a leading provider of exercise equipments in different establishments the world over. They have been known for their ergonomically sound features, which is noticeable with the use of their fitness equipments. In 1995, the brand had introduced new equipment to the world of fitness. It was at this time that they have begun popularizing the use of elliptical cross trainers which they called the EFX. They actually still use this name for their line of elliptical trainers today.
Some of the popular models in this line are the EFX 5.37, EFX 5.35, EFX 5.33, EFX 576i and EFX 546i. All of these share the same ergonomic features that allow just about anyone to exercise at their own convenience. They all have that Cross Ramp angle feature which allows the machine to automatically adjust its angle from 15 to 40 degrees. They also have moving handlebars and boasts of its patented low-impact motion that helps you avoid putting too much stress on the joints.
The EFX 5.35, EFX 5.33 and EFX 546i models all belong to the Precor Elliptical Fitness Cross trainer category. On the other hand, Precor’s top-of-the line elliptical trainer sets are the EFX 5.37 and EFX 576i. Their prices are a bit steep ranging from $4500 up to $5000 plus.
Precor can also see that their line of the usual elliptical trainers may have come at the end of their run. This is why the AMT or Adaptive Motion Trainer came into play. This exercise machine allows you to change your movements minus the incline ramp. There is a probability that the company will explore this new breed of cross trainers and develop a whole new line of this fitness equipment in the near future.
One of the main reasons why Precor is so successful in its release of their line of fitness equipments is because they targeted business establishments that would carry their line. You can also differentiate the brand among others through their unique fitness technology. They have their own patented CrossRamp technology that allows variety in their customers’ exercise routines.
Many people have actually used this equipment and have seen results. One of them gave a very high rating to this equipment compared to a similar equipment made by another manufacturer. Lots of users can attest to the fact that the machine is both comfortable and adjustable. It can meet anyone from any fitness level and still give them a real productive workout guaranteed to for fat loss and strength building. Precor has allowed many people to have a great experience in using these elliptical cross trainers.
Currently we do not have any reviews by this manufacturer. We hope to be able to review their products in the future and share our results. Thank you.
- Frame: Durable commercial- grade frame and parts.
- CrossRamp: Adjustable inclines allow for an increase in challenge when you are ready to ramp up your workouts. Most ellipticals range from 13-60 degrees.
- Console: all models are iPod compatible, and many include dome style buttons to allow for incline adjustments while you’re working out.
- Customizable Features: Some models allow for the saving and customization of various workout plans, so you can pick up where you left off at your next home session.
- Handlebars: Some EFX elliptical machines have moveable handlebars so you can exercise either the entire body or an isolated portion.
- Warranty: Like most elliptical brands, the labor and parts warranties vary and are not typically impressive on the more affordable models.
- Noise: The commercial quality of the machines tends to make them quite noisy. The more strength and durability behind a machine, the more difficult it is to have a quiet ride.
- Affordability: The Precor EFX elliptical machines tend to be on the expensive side – expect to pay anywhere from $2,000-$7,500 for one of your own.
Precor knows how to construct a durable elliptical machine that will stand the test of time. When you’re ready to get serious about your workout routine, check out all the great options online. Many can be shipped directly to your home, and will be ready to use within hours. Please note that these machines are heavy and large – you won’t experience much in the way of compact storage or easy relocation. However for those who are already elliptical enthusiasts or are ready to make a real commitment to a home gym, any of the installments in the Precor line are well worth it.